Travel Subsidy Application
Travel subsidies sponsored by the NSW Department of Education
The CCSA Rural and Remote Forum is an important opportunity to have your voice heard. We recognise that some individuals and organisations that can benefit most from attending may find it difficult to participate in the Forum because of limited resources and/or long travel distance. We encourage services to apply for a travel subsidy to promote participation and reduce barriers for delegates wishing to attend.
Travel subsidies can be used to pay a portion of travel or accommodation costs incurred to attend the Forum. Subsidies will be paid for actual expenses, up to a maximum of $500 (GST-inclusive). You must be prepared to attend the full Forum program, be available to meet the sponsor and have photos taken for later inclusion in media and promotion by both CCSA and the sponsor, and provide feedback on the Forum and the value of the subsidy following the Forum.
Travel subsidy funds will be allocated according to the following criteria:
- early childhood educators living in rural and remote NSW
- priority will be given to:
- educators from NSW Government Funded community preschools and mobile preschools
- current Rural and Remote Early Childhood Teaching scholarship recipients, and
- Aboriginal Early Childhood Education Scholarship recipients living in rural and remote New South Wales
- there is a limit of one travel subsidy per service or individual
- Forum registration must be paid in full before the travel subsidy application is assessed.
How do you apply?
Applications for travel subsidies will be assessed individually and a response provided within 30 working days of the close of Forum registrations. The decision to provide a subsidy is at the discretion of CCSA and the subsidies will no longer be available once funds have been committed. We will notify you by email of the outcome of your application and, if successful, will require the production of documentation supporting your expenses claim.
Please note that funds will only be paid by direct deposit into a bank account in the name of the successful applicant or the name of the employing early childhood service.
These travel subsidies have been provided by the NSW Department of Education to support the professional development of Early Childhood Educators in rural and remote areas of New South Wales.